Friday, December 24, 2004

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Satan and I ventured out to the grocery store today. It wasn't as bad as past experiences with shopping before Christmas. However, there were the usual suspect in the store: Old women bumbling about like bumper cars at an amusement park...I think they needed lights and noise makers attached to them though, although they did make a noise when they bumped into us...the usual screaming child in a basket with the mother looking stressed,......men, lots of men....looking for last minute christmas presents...and the over worked stressed out women trying to buy those last minute items for last minute christmas revelers turing up at their doors.

Ah the joy of not having that stress is lovely. However, Satan did want a turkey, so I am in the process of cooking one right now. Won't we have one tomorrow? Well, uh no, we are going to see my other sister tomorrow, who is a vegetarian. So unless Satan wants to sit and stare at everyone tomorrow, we needed to make something to bring. However, at least he will have something to do while sitting and staring at everyone tomorrow.

So to all of my fellow bloggers out there who celebrate the Christmas holiday in true Christmas fashion, my wishes go out to you....and to the rest of you who like me find tomorrow to be just another day without getting mail: sleep in, rest up, eat well, and especially for Mangey, smoke some of that holiday herb!!

5 comments:

DementedPhotographer said...

Why ARE all those men in the store?

Here's hoping you have the Saturday-ist Saturday of the year! ;)

-G

Kata said...

Hey thanks Vampster...I'm trying to curb my herb (haha that rhymed!) habit a bit this weekend as I've got a cold goddamnit! Anyway, good luck with Joan and company tomarrow...and don't you dare even drive past the Beat (hehe they're closed!) without me! xoxoxox

brainhell said...

Although Satan sound like a boyfriend, I am betting it's your cat.

vampyregirl said...

no sorry, no cats here at this house, Satan isn't my boyfriend, he's my husband......

Pisser said...

I am with the crazy overworked/stressed women trying to obey their flawed genetic codes...

Swore up and down I wouldn't be one of those people out running around like gerbils and not enjoying Xmas Eve, but there I was, waiting with Cranky for 2 hrs. at post office to pick up a $5 present from his bro, and forgetting things so we went to the grocery store TWICE. !@$$!!!