Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Under the Milkyway

I have to get up at the lovely hour of 4:45 am each day until school is over (6 months). That is the hardest part of this going back to school thing. I love sleeping. And it really is hard getting up each day to get out the door for 6 am to go to school.

However, what I have found out to be the most enjoyable thing about my early mornings is my walking in the pitch dark dog walks. Yes, I am one of those insane crazy dog ladies that has to take her dogs on their walks everyday! And this now means getting out the door for 5:10am for my first of two dog walks. Where Satan and I live, there are no street lights, and everyone is still sleeping (except me) at this time in the morning in our neighborhood, so stargazing is the most spectacular thing at 5:10 am.

Did any of you catch the incredible sight of the two planets amazingly close to each other? I think it was Venus and Mars(?) . It was a beautiful sight, which ever two planets they were, with all the other stars shimmering around them. I also have been seeing all the stars my dad used to point out to me as a child, interesting that I can remember all the names of them.

The other great thing about the early morning dog walk is how quiet it is. It is very peaceful. This morning I actually crept up on a owl in a tree. It was quiet cool, knowing I was the only one who would probably be seeing that this morning. The only thing that would have made this morning any better was if I could have gone back to bed after the walk...............

5 comments:

Pisser said...

There are stars?!

-L.A. Dweller

DementedPhotographer said...

I LOVE being out at that time of night/morning. Of course, I'm usually just GOING to bed at that time rather than getting up.

-G

Kata said...

Man...you guys are gonna freak when you see the nitesky here...I'm out there with you in solidarity Vampy, every weekday morning at 5:15 I drag RB and the Curs out for their morning constitutional..as I told you before, very "Where the Red Fern Grows" with the lantern and everything...not fun when you come across a herd of javelinas tho....

bunny said...

I think I saw them. Right now I'm in a place where sleep is my favorite thing.

SJ said...

My mornings are currently filled with retrieving Cocoa Puffs, milk, diapers, giggling, toys that make loud noises, and a little Playhouse Disney for good measure. Quiet mornings? Hmmm, I have to dig deep into my depths to remember those.