Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Under the Milkyway

I have to get up at the lovely hour of 4:45 am each day until school is over (6 months). That is the hardest part of this going back to school thing. I love sleeping. And it really is hard getting up each day to get out the door for 6 am to go to school.

However, what I have found out to be the most enjoyable thing about my early mornings is my walking in the pitch dark dog walks. Yes, I am one of those insane crazy dog ladies that has to take her dogs on their walks everyday! And this now means getting out the door for 5:10am for my first of two dog walks. Where Satan and I live, there are no street lights, and everyone is still sleeping (except me) at this time in the morning in our neighborhood, so stargazing is the most spectacular thing at 5:10 am.

Did any of you catch the incredible sight of the two planets amazingly close to each other? I think it was Venus and Mars(?) . It was a beautiful sight, which ever two planets they were, with all the other stars shimmering around them. I also have been seeing all the stars my dad used to point out to me as a child, interesting that I can remember all the names of them.

The other great thing about the early morning dog walk is how quiet it is. It is very peaceful. This morning I actually crept up on a owl in a tree. It was quiet cool, knowing I was the only one who would probably be seeing that this morning. The only thing that would have made this morning any better was if I could have gone back to bed after the walk...............

8 comments:

Pisser said...

There are stars?!

-L.A. Dweller

Garrison Steelle said...

I LOVE being out at that time of night/morning. Of course, I'm usually just GOING to bed at that time rather than getting up.

-G

Elizabeth said...

I am jealous - I love stargazing and rarely get the opportunity in the Bay Area.

mangey cur said...

Man...you guys are gonna freak when you see the nitesky here...I'm out there with you in solidarity Vampy, every weekday morning at 5:15 I drag RB and the Curs out for their morning constitutional..as I told you before, very "Where the Red Fern Grows" with the lantern and everything...not fun when you come across a herd of javelinas tho....

miss macy said...

wow, that sounds so peaceful.....

my eyebrows are totally overgrown and i really need to get 'em waxed....hmmmmmm, any ideas where i could possibly go in the Bay Area???? hmmmmm????

bunny said...

I think I saw them. Right now I'm in a place where sleep is my favorite thing.

SJ said...

My mornings are currently filled with retrieving Cocoa Puffs, milk, diapers, giggling, toys that make loud noises, and a little Playhouse Disney for good measure. Quiet mornings? Hmmm, I have to dig deep into my depths to remember those.

Elizabeth said...

I would kill for some Cocoa Pebbles right now - or Fruity Pebbles - ANY PEBBLES right now!!!!