Monday, January 24, 2005

It's The Most Depressing Day Of The Year...Ding Dong...Ding Dong...

As I was laying on the couch this morning, watching tv after Satan left for work, there comes a blurb along the bottom of the morning news I was watching saying today is the most depressing day of the year. Thanks. Think I will go back to bed then.

So if anything, it got my ass up off the couch and went on a walk with my dogs. Why is it the most depressing day of the year I was pondering on my walk.....the sun is out, there is a hint of spring somewhere in the air, I can feel it....and then I thought, well yeah, it sucks as it is still winter, people back east have shitloads of snow being dumped on them, The new year is always over rated....and now people are starting to think of having to do their taxes as we all start to get those tax forms in the mail. Yeah, I can see how it could be the most depressing day of the year.

But aren't there other days way more depressing? I feel sorry for whoever is having a birthday today, as your birthday has been dubbed depressing.....

Also being a Monday, how much more depressing can it get?? As I just had to call and speak to evil boss on my Monday conference call......

However, it is the last week of the month, so that is good yes?? Ok, I am depressing myself now...so happy depressed day everyone, do let me know if you are right there in the spirit of the day, or if you were able to bunk the system and this is the best day ever!!!

3 comments:

bunny said...

I'm not depressed, but I did have an oddly random and very acute fit of jealousy this morning, which I have blown off thinking it's PMS.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's way lame. Are you serious? You can't even market The Most Depressing Day... well probably Hallmark could.

Kata said...

Har...My day was the most premenopausal so far of the year. The slightest negative comment really sets me off. Had to smoke a bowl when I got home just to make it go away...now I'm happy. So it's the most pleasing evening so far today. Hahahaha...that's only funny if yer stoned. And I am. Yay!