Tuesday, February 22, 2005

You Know You Are Old When......

We practiced at school today for the state board test. We did the practical portion, on those friggin doll heads, but I think as I have been around them for nearly 5 months now, me and the doll heads have made peace.

Anyway, the cute 17 year old girl next to me realized I am old and senile. I didn't realize I was talking to my doll head.......yeah, it was early in the morning, I wasn't like having a full on conversation with the dh mind you, just more like talking to myself (yeah that is bad enough) in turn talking to the dh, I think I was walking myself through the steps that we have to do for state board, and I tend to be a little loud.....me to the 17 year old: oops, you mean that wasn't in my head?

Next, we break for lunch, and I have to go to work, and in the afternoon they were going to go over false eyelashes and makeup....so I say to no one in particular (being old and senile, I tend to just ramble to anyone who maybe eavesdropping on my own conversation to myself and doll head), damn, as usual, I will miss the whole make up thing.....so 17 year old says, will your husband let you practice makeup on him, or will he absolutely refuse? I say to her, uh, no he won't mind......being a youth in the 80's he was way into glam rock.....so he used to do his own makeup.....so she says, "oh , I just love that old 80's punk rock stuff...." ok, not really punk rock, but ok.....more like Poison....... And she just stares at me, Poison? I never have heard of Poison....... ok.......I am so old....and yeah, you could be my daughter, now come to think of it.....great.....ok, well, this old senile woman who talks to doll heads is going to work now......

No comments: