Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Magic Man on Cob Mountain

Today I went to see my account in Lakeport...not that exciting...then it was on to an event I had planned in my other account in Middletown, (or shall we say Middle Earth.....) to get there you have to go over Cob Mountain.....

It was such a beautiful drive thru the mountain today......the sun was out, it was around 80 degrees, no one around, so I was haulin ass around curves, it was great...and of course when you are cruizing thru a mountain, you can only pick up odd radio channels...where do these channels come from......well the only one that would come in was an old 70's rock channel, which was actually pretty perfect for the drive, as the drive was reminding me of many o' winding mountain road trips I took in my childhood with siblings and the parental units.....

So, as I round the bend, Magic Man by Heart comes on......and wouldn't ya just know it, the view before me was just like from the back cover of Little Queen album By Heart.....minus the roaving band o' gypsies.....but everything else was the same man....it was cool......it took me back to being in Mangey's room listening to the Little Queen album on her record player, staring at the back cover, wishing I was there, wishing I too could be that cool and wear such giggin clothes..... and wow, here I was 25 years later just about, in the same place....but without the gypsies and their giggin clothes......just me in my black car driving down the mountain......

Well, unfortuanately the song ended, and what was next but J. Geils' Love Stinks......yeah I remember that tune too, singing it at the top of my lungs in the shower, a meer 13 year old...like I knew how loved stunk back then, but it felt like I did....however, that song now reminds me of one of the best parts of the Wedding Singer, when Adam Sandler is singing that at the wedding after he gets dumped....man now that is funny....

But it was quite a ride I am tellin ya, the great old tunes, spring still in the air, no one around me, could it be that this vampster was having a *gasp* happy moment......don't worry friends, it didn't last long, as the smack up side the head of reality was just waiting for me down the other side of the mountain....the real stinker of the day WORK!......Work stinks yeah yeah!! Work STinks! Yeah Yeah!!

No comments: