Monday, June 06, 2005

The Adventures of Stunt Nerd: The Racquetball Match of Death

As I have nothing new to report, I thought I would write another episode re: Stunt Nerd......If you remember stunt nerd was my friend in 6th grade who flew down my driveway on her nerd bike and nearly biffed off of it, instead she came crashing down on her seat with her teeth a chattering.........

Anyway, one summer we decided we would go play racquetball. Her father had a membership to the local indoor racquetball club, so we thought it would be fun to go and play.....

Well, stunt nerd of course was decked out in her safety goggles, knee pads, elbow pads and of course happenin' head gear (this was for her teeth) ready for our match.....I being a mere evil spawn at the time was just there in my sweats and tshirt......

So for most of the game, the matches were pretty short as neither of us were very good with hand, eye coordination, and when one of us managed to actually hit the ball the other one missed the return.........however, we finally got a long volley happening....we were actually starting to break sweat......the ball was flying back and forth between racquets......I slammed my raquet against the ball, it goes crashing up against the wall......stunt nerd comes running up ready for the return........however, she misjudged how far away she actually was to the wall.........and she runs SMACK right into the wall!!!! Her racquet went flying one direction, her head gear hung off the side of her head, her goggles were all askew on her head.........she stumbled backward a bit and fell to the ground........

Oh yes, my young evil laughter was heard echoing across the raquetball courts.....I couldn't stop laughing......the more I looked at her, the more I laughed, it got to the silent fits of laughter where I was gasping for air........and what about stunt nerd......

She was still lying on the floor, as I got closer to her, I could see the tears welling up in her eyes.....but she didn't want to let on that she was hurt .....and the fact that her young vampyre friend was in fits of laughter was not helping.......she got up.....picked up her racquet, adjusted her head gear and goggles, and limped off the court.......

Stunt nerd didn't speak to me on this one for about 2 days......her mom picked us up from the racquetball club about 30 minutes after the incident, we drove back to my house in total silence, her mom looking at us like what the hell happened.....but stunt nerd would not speak of what happened, I couldn't talk without going back into fits of laughter.....I got out of the car, closed the door and stunt nerd and her mom drove away........

But again, two days later, she showed up on my doorstep.........with a nice red imprint on her face where her head gear had made contact with the wall.......

No comments: